Sunday, January 25, 2015

Yoghurt Quinoa - like yoghurt rice

This is one of my attempts in incorporating quinoa into our menu. I've tried a few recipes and usually I end up not liking them that much. I heard this from a friend and tried the very basic variety - yoghurt rice / quinoa. Actually, this is my favorite so far. I just added a tadka touch to the recipe.



Ingredients:
Organic Quinoa - 1 cup
Water to cook - 2 cups
Yoghurt
Salt

Tadka:
Mustard seeds
Ginger
Urad dal
Green chilli
Red chilli
Cilantro

Procedure:
  • Wash the quinoa well for 5 - 6 times. Pressure cook the quinoa with water as you would with normal rice
  • Add yoghurt and salt to the rice and mix well
  • Heat oil in a pan and splutter all items in tadka section and add it to the quinoa
Goes well with any spicy side dish.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Expert Perspectives