Sunday, November 10, 2013

Re-Posting: How-to VITA Volunteer

Its time to VITA Volunteer again!!!  Browse through the post and let me know if you have any questions - perspectivemedley@gmail.com

It is so interesting to get to know about your own taxes. Let alone that, you get the opportunity to do taxes for some one else! It is such an rewarding experience and personally enriching too.
I wanted to re-share all the information. I do this because it took me a very long time to find all these information.  So wanted to put everything together, hoping it'll be helpful at least to one of you??.. If it is please let me know.. :)


What is VITA?
VITA stands for Volunteer in Income Tax Assistance. This program is in place during the tax season.

Who can Volunteer?
Anyone can. But you should pass the certification test. If you decide to volunteer with any firm like AARP, Ladder Up or Center for Economic Progress, etc they provide you with all the needed in-class and software training.

You need not have any financial or tax background to volunteer in this program.

What is the Certification?
Since anyone can volunteer for this position, you should read the basic rules for filing taxes and pass the certification online/ in the organization where you volunteer. But many Organizations require you to attend their training. You'll have to find out from the Organization. Once you have the certificate you are ready to volunteer.

When should I do all this?
I'm just going to start for the upcoming tax season, that is why I'm posting this information now. The tax season runs from Feb to April. So all the firms will be providing  training before that, in around Jan.

What does it hold for you?
Trust me, this will be a rewarding experience. You will meet people. Not to mention the rich mentioning on your Resume! and some firms offer you with hours (if you are CPA / Accountant) You can be sure that by the end, you'll be able to understand your own taxes!

If you have more questions contact me - perspectivemedley@gmail.com.


Disclaimer: I'm not reviewing any jobs or positions. This is purely my volunteer experience and wanting to share with you all... If you already are a VITA volunteer please shed more light on this for all of us :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Expert Perspectives