Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rimmel Show-off / Apocalips Lip Lacquers - swatches

This is by far the best pigmented lip colors I've used... next to Milani. Picked up 3 shades from Walgreens.. a few days back. I've read rave reviews about these and was really excited!

The shades I picked up were Comet, Celestial and Light Year (other shades I would try were literally sold out). The names are interesting right? :)



Rimmel show-off lip lacquers are kind of liquid lipsticks. Like it is a combination of both lipstick and gloss. It is available at Walgreens (or at least was available only there when I got it like a month back :) ) Retailed for about $4.99.

Light Year - is the perfect nude/brown color for my lips. It looks just like it evened out my pigmented lips with shine- no more / no less, which works best for a everyday wear. But... neither did it last long nor left a stain.. definitely requires re-application.

Comet and Celestial - both belongs to the pinky family. Comet is just the perfect pinky nude color - shows up on the pinkier side (which I like and this is my favorite of the three). and Celestial is a nice bright pink!

Celestial, Comet and Light Year

What I like about Rimmel Show-off lip lacquers:

  • Completely opaque and true to color in the tube
  • Celestial left a nice light stain (no uneven fade-off)
  • Nice consistency, not drying 
  • Best quality for the price 
  • Very pigmented
Disclaimer: The products were brought by me. This is my honest opinion and view of the product. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Expert Perspectives