Monday, July 22, 2013

Quick Fix - Tofu Chapathi / 3 in 1 Mini Idlies

My posts are getting really sparse over the last few days.. hmm.. I've been studying a course and have the finals in the next couple of weeks.. that is the reason.. Feels really good to study after a long time.. and with a kid of course.. it takes a lot of planning!

Anyhooo.. these are 2 quick fixes that I've tried lately.. One is from my friend..

Tofu Chapathi:
I'm not a big fan of tofu nor is my kid.. but try to incorporate it into our food... so tried stuffing tofu with a ltiitle potato for binding... it turned out pretty good.


Ingredients:
Tofu (toasted in a tava to dry it out - so that it can be shredded for the stuffing)
Potato (boiled)
Lemon
Cumin powder
Red chilli powder
Turmeric powder
Salt
Cilantro

Procedure:
Mix all the ingredients and make the stuffing.. vary the proportions according to your taste. Make chapathi dough and stuff it and roll it out like you usually do for chapathis.


3 in 1 Mini Idly:


Tried this at our friend's place.. she made a lot of mini idlies and made 3 different flavors of them - Sambar idly, podi idly and lemon idly... my kid loved the podi idly so much!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Expert Perspectives