Monday, May 6, 2013

Peanut Sundal - easy evening snack..

Do you all do evening snacks on a regular basis?? (I mean.. not the kids. I know when we have kids its not snacks for just the evening, but a whole day :) )

And when the kid does not eat sundal??.. don't we all ignore somethings when the kid does not like it :) Anyways, I do make sundal for just us rarely.. in a jiffy. Today was one such day.. and when I started making, I was just wondering what others do??



Number of servings - 2
Ingredients:
Raw Peanuts - 1 cup
Onion - 1 small
Jalapeno - 1/2 sliced
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon
Salt

To Temper:
Mustard seeds
Urad dal

Procedure:
  • Pressure cook the peanuts up to 3 whistles. I did not soak it prior

  • Heat oil in a wok, splutter mustard seeds and urad dal. Add onions and jalapeno and saute well

  • Add the cooked peanuts, salt, red chilli powder and saute well

  • Squeeze lemon as required 

1 comments:

Expert Perspectives