Monday, September 10, 2012

Beets Vadai


I had 3 beets sitting in my fridge and had to finish it fresh... that is the reason of continuous beet posts :) I made the beet rice for the second time in one week - ADDICTIVE! I was once like this about carrot rice...

Anyways, I've made vadai with beet before.. but may be twice I guess.. This time decided to blog it..

Kindly excuse the pic.. the lighting was so bad on top of my kid's constant playing around the vadai!


Number of vadai - 12 - 15
Ingredients:
Beet - 1 (shredded)
Channa Dal (Kadalai Paruppu) - 1/2 cup
Toor Dal - 1 spoon
Onion - 1/2 chopped
Salt
Red Chilli - 1
Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
Fennel Seeds - 1/2 spoon

Procedure:

  • Soak the dals for 1 hour
  • Then make a coarse paste of the dals with chilli, cumin and fennel seeds without water (or sprinkle little if required)
  • Add salt, onions, beets to the batter and make vadai as you usually do
A real good snack for the kids!

12 comments:

Expert Perspectives