Friday, August 31, 2012

Mini Adai Bites (Lentil Crepe) - with Red Flattened Rice


First of all I apologize for the bad pic, it was clicked during dinner time... It really is mini adai's / marakarikka dosai. In Chettiar houses markarikka dosai (deep fried adai) is used for padaippu.


I din't deep fry it, but gave a fair amount of toss on the gridle(only for the kid though). The recipe for the adai   is same as "Cracked Wheat and Lentils Adai". I added a fist full of red  flattened rice (poha) along with cracked wheat and trust me, it really brought in a good taste. The adai's were soft than usual and not dry and hard to eat. I'm going to add this every time! Another healthy input to already healthy adai!

I only made a separate post to tell you all about adding red rice flakes... it was so nice and different than usual... do try and let me know how it turns out for you :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow... Looks delicious and very tempting dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Wonderful creations.....
    Do visit my blog http://creativeloka.blogspot.in for my timepass hobbies.

    Regards,
    Geetha

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives