Thursday, July 5, 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - swatch & review

Wonder why the blog got a break for 5 days???... or not :).. anyway I'm gonna tell why.. had been on a big V for the long weekend. Just got back from a very summer-y place of 100 F + vacation. So thought it might be perfect to review this product that I got just before the trip.. and also I din't know what else to do.. since it seems like it might take quite a while before I could settle back at home.. hmmm..

Coming  to the product, its the Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream. I know its a winner in India or generally a BB cream has been raved about in Asia. But in US, it hit the stores recently. A BB cream is short form of Beauty Balm.. meaning it does a little more than just evening out the skin tone. This BB cream claims to do 8 things:  blurs imperfections, enhances, brightens, adjusts to skin tone, hydrates, SPF 30, oil - free - overall a MUST HAVE  to me :) There is a large variety of shade selection available for this BB cream. BEST part - TESTERS are available (I got it from CVS). So you can test it out and get the perfect shade.

Top left - without flash
Bottom left - with flash


It does what it claims. I wore it in 100 F summer and it worked out pretty well. I can guarantee this because I have a skin that gets real irritated when exposed to sun. The cream protected well enough. I was once advised by a dermatologist its best to use sunscreens with either titanium dioxide or zinc oxide..

What I like about it:

  • its not oily, greasy or heavy. it applies very light and is hydrating in a non-oily way
  • it does not leave a obvious white cast on pictures despite the SPF 30 and titanium dioxide
  • offers sun protection, which is very vital for me
  • coverage is not heavy and perfect for the summer
  • the shade is a perfect match for me
Over all I like it best of all my sunscreens, tinted moisturizers, etc...

UPDATE: I'm updating this post, since I have been using the product more after writing this review. As I had already written, it applies very light... but over the course of time, it turns shiny. Even though you cannot feel it a lot.. it shows well/shiner in the pictures. But I still stick on to the sun protection part. It protects real good! That is the main part why I love it!

Disclaimer: I'm not sponsored or paid to write this review. I got this from my pocket and this is purely my view on the product. 


1 comments:

Expert Perspectives