Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Masala Mini Idly

Its been quite a while since I wrote a cooking related post. Reason?... My toddler gives me the least opportunity and time to try out new recipes... Not to mention the time constraint.. even if I do try something new, there is absolutely no chance he is going to let me click it!..

Anyways.. ramblings apart. I've started to volunteer (If you are interested, let me know.. will write a post on volunteer jobs). Its not at our library.. can you believe that I applied to a number of library volunteer jobs and the only answer I got was : "We already have enough volunteers.. will let you know when something opens up". I'm glad there are so many to volunteer and help :))

To today's recipe (from a friend) - Masala Mini Idlies. Doesn't it sound yummm :) Perfect for kids and adults.


Ingredients:
Mini Idlies
Tomato
Red chilli powder
Turmeric powder - a pinch
fenugreek powder - a pinch
Salt

To Temper:
Mustard seeds
Hing

Procedure:

  • Heat oil in a pan and add items to temper. 
  • Add tomatoes and saute. Add the chilli powder and fenugreek powder, salt
  • Let it cook well. Switch off and add the idlies to the masala and mix well. garnish with cilantro.



5 comments:

Expert Perspectives