Sunday, July 22, 2012

How To: Online Volunteering

This post is for certain situations in which you are just not able to get out of the house. Like pregnancy, time crunch, or simply.. what if you don't know to drive yet?.

I've done some online volunteering. Of which two was completed.. and one , I had to leave half way due to my time crunch. There are a lot of things to consider in online volunteering. It might seem like being at home you have a lot of time in hands.. but that might not be the case.. at least with a kid. So think well before committing hours to your volunteer co-ordinator.

Research and submit information is what I did mostly. But one volunteer job gave me the opportunity to explore in my IT area of analysis. So you just have to look for the best match for you. You can make connections, interactions and get to know how it works through online volunteering.

Go to websites like http://www.volunteermatch.org/ and search for opportunities. We can get out of the shell that keep us from achieving our goals. This might be a first step... where in you get to speak/discuss/teleconference. (Link source: google)

If you need any information or have any questions mail me at perspectivemedley@gmail.com



Disclaimer: All information provided/suggested are from my own experience. I'm not a professional in this area.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks i like your blog very much , i come back most days to find new posts like this!Good effort.I learnt it.

    Volunteering
    . just visit my website ngomarketplace.com

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives