Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Brown rice Idly, Dosai n Target sale - Day 18

I wanted to try Idly out of brown rice for a long time. Dosai comes out well. Idly was something I never tried. So here is the trial result. My kid loved the dosai very much...





Ingredients:
Brown rice - 1 cup
Idly rice - 1 cup
Urad dal - 1/2 cup

Procedure:

  • Soak urad dal and both the rice together  for 8 hours (overnight)
  • I ground the urad dal in grinder to fluffy consistency and both the rice together (like normal idly batter)
  • Mixed the batter as we normally do for idly
Result:
  • The batter fermented real well!
  • The dosai was excellent and roasted
  • The idly was good. But a little sticky and flat (not fluffy)
Have you tried idly with brown rice? I'm wondering If I should have soaked both the rice separately and ground them separately to get fluffy idlies.. or is it not possible to make idlies like that with brown rice?

Anyway.. I tried one plate of idlies and the rest went as dosai's as we all love dosai's :)



Another quick note, Target is having sale on Macademia oil products. Including their deep repair hair mask, shampoo.. all buy one get one free (for the price of one).



If you wanted to try those products, now would be a good chance as you get 2 for the price of one. Just to let you know..  the shampoo retails around $20(I'm not sure about their other products). I've read good reviews on their deep repair mask. I din't buy it though (Can't do the stuff every week! :))

Note: I'm not sponsored or affiliated to anyone. Just letting you all know about a good sale I happened to notice and make use of.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Devi...are these Macadamia nut products good? I wasn't sure how they are so never picked up any...sale sounds like a good time to try some :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so.. my first trial :)

      Delete
  2. Love brown rice, so obviously can have anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priya, have you made idlies with brown rice?.. how to get fluffy one?

      Delete

Expert Perspectives