Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Easy breezy kids friendly pasta

Hello ladies! yet another kids friendly recipe. Now a days most of the cooking is done to suit my kid's taste. This one is like a saver to me , I could make this very quickly by adding all available vegetables. Also, you could make it & put it in a hot pack and take it for an outing. I'm sure kids looove pasta!



Serving - 1 kid
Ingredients:
Pasta (most of the times I use whole grain/whole wheat)
Onion - 1/2
Mixed vegetables - 1 cup (the day I took this pic I had only red bell peppers, hence the absence of other vegetables)
Tomato - 1/2
Ketchup - 1 spoon
Turmeric powder
Salt - to taste
Olive oil - (I use olive oil only for making any pasta recipe, you can use canola oil too)

To Temper
Mustard seeds
Urad Dal

Procedure:

  • Cook the pasta as shown on the box. When boiling the pasta add few drops of oil 
  • In a pan heat a spoon of oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dal and saute onion and tomato
  • Add turmeric powder and mixed vegetables and add salt and saute well
  • Add ketchup and saute few seconds and then add the cooked pasta and mix well 
Note: If you are in real hurry... you can make this minus the vegetables too. I always like to add vegetables to the pasta.

2 comments:

  1. This is just toooooo beautiful! I loved those pasta butterflies. :)

    Event : Cakes, Cookies and Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its truely loveable to kids.

    Hamsamalini Chandrasekaran,
    http://indianyummykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives