Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Super easy ALOO CRACKER CHAAT !

I loove chaat items! I had a craving for it so badly and wanted to eat it right away. But I din't want to use maida, all purpose flour, mixing, frying, etc etc... Not because I don't like it, but because I din't have the time to make it :)

When I was shopping I found these crackers at Target. I'm not a big fan of these as they are(or any other crackers :)). They are not fatty (I read the label). So, an idea struck me, why not make these the base for the chaat and so make the chaat healthy too!.. I got these and tried out. It turned out YUMMMY!!!.. I loved the taste and had lots with the satisfaction of making a healthier version of it.




Ingredients:
Crackers (any flat ones will do)
Potato (to make it more healthier just boil and mash any vegetable you want)
Green chutney
Tomato ketchup
Om podi (store bought :)) (optional)
Chaat powder
Salt
Lemon juice
Red chilli powder
Garam masala powder

NOTE: I din't give any measurements because it is absolutely variable and depends on your taste. I added very little powders just for the spice and flavor..



Procedure:
1. Boil and mash the potatoes (or any veggies). Add salt and other powders and a drop lemon juice to it
2. Prepare green chutney:
    Mint- 1/2 bunch
    Coriander - 1/2 bunch
    Green chili - 2
    Sugar - a pinch
    lemon juice
    salt
  
   Blend everything together. Leftovers can be refrigerated.

3. So, all ingredients are ready. To assemble, take a cracker place a layer of potato, then green chutney, ketchup and om podi

Your chaat is ready!!!..

I would like to send this recipe to Priya's Fast food NOT fast food event...


Disclaimer: This is not a review for the cracker/product. This is purely my personal use/opinion of the product.

27 comments:

  1. Extremely delicious and looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for those hunger pangs! Nicely done..

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and cute chaat...great job..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative...such an inviting chaat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel like gobbing some,delicious chaat..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please collect awards from my blog :)

    please publish them :)

    http://rakshaskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/04/awards-time-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it looks yumm!!
    Interesting blog...I'm following :D
    Hope you follow back-
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sure is easy and super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chaat looks delicious! I've shared few awards with you. Please accept these :)

    http://simplysweetnsavory.blogspot.com/2011/04/qaus-e-qazah-or-rainbow-zarda.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a really yummy and quick recipe Devi - please collect the award and read the recognition on my blog - http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/04/fast-food-not-fat-food-march-april.html
    Look forward to your future participation and recipes dear :)
    Following you dear - would appreciate if you could follow me back
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  11. தேவி,நான் பாட்டியிடம் நேரடியாக கற்றுக்கொண்டேன்.டைரியில் தான் எப்படி பின்ன வேண்டும் என்று எழுதியுள்ளேன்.உங்களுக்கு அடிப்படை பின்னல்கள் தெரிந்திருந்தால் பின்னுவதற்க்கு ரொம்ப ஈஸி....நீங்கள் சரின்னு சொன்னா அதை எப்படி பின்னனும் பேப்பரில் எழுதி காப்பி செய்து ப்ளாக்கில் அல்லது உங்க மெயிலுக்கு அனுப்புகிறேன்...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love chats to. Nice recipe.
    First time visitor here. Glad to follow you.
    Do visit me some time.
    Show and Tell

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW..you have so many good recipes...I am having a giveaway in my blog..if you want please check and join that...
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-recipe-and-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Extremely delitightful delight. Awesome crackers.

    Hamsamalini Chandrasekaran,
    http://indianyummykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely chaat. Thx for sharing.

    Nice space here .. Following you to keep in touch.

    Vardhini
    VardhinisKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy! Love your blog!Hey will you check out mine? If you follow I will return the favor! Thanks to much:)
    http://beautybarbie16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives