Its very busy with my kid these days.. time sure is flying by fast! I'm enjoying this busy phase of life!! along with few other new hobbies.. check out the end of this post for my latest "TRY" :))...
Coming to the recipe.. we all know that adai itself is very healthy.. this one has some new additions like sago, cracked wheat and vegetables to make it even more healthy!
Did you know that sago helps you reduce weight - just a word of knowledge I heard.
cracked wheat - 1 cup
toor daal - 1/2 cup
urad daal - 1/4 cup
moong daal - 1/4 cup
mixed vegetables - 1 cup (onion, beans, carrot, bell pepper, cabbage)
ginger - 1 inch
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Sago - 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Soak toor daal, urad daal, moong daal together and the cracked wheat separately for 1 hour
2. Soak the sago separately for 1 hour
3. Grind all the daals along with ginger, fennel seeds, cumin seeds to a coarse paste
4. Grind the cracked wheat and mix it with the daal paste. Add salt as required.
5. Saute the mixed vegetables with green chillies and salt and add it to the batter
6. Add the soaked sago to the batter. Make adai after 10 minutes.