Monday, February 28, 2011

Cracked wheat dosai

Lately this cracked wheat dosai has become a big hit in our home. Before I used to make wheat dosai with wheat flour. But after learning to make dosai from cracked wheat from my mom, it has become a favorite breakfast/dinner.



Ingredients:
Cracked wheat - 2 cups
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Salt
Water

Procedure:
1. Soak the urad dal and cracked wheat separately and let it sit for a couple of hours
2. Make a paste of the urad dal in the blender adding little water as required
3. Make a paste of the cracked wheat adding little water (this will be in the batter consistency, while the urad dal is a little fluffy)
4. Mix the wheat and urad dal, salt and let it ferment over night
5. The dosai batter is ready. Ladle out the batter in dosa pan and drizzle oil over the edges. I like to flip the dosai on both sides and make a roast.

This goes well with tomato chutney. Enjoy your healthy yet yummy dosai :))

17 comments:

  1. New to me...look soo good and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, delicious n healthy.., can I have 2 or 3 please?:)


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's new.. I have plenty of cracked wheat sitting idle at home.. Will try this out.
    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crispy dosai looks fabulous and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too make this some,times for breakfast...luks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do make exactly same ratio with urad and wheat rawa.. this is very very healthy and comes out so crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a very healthy recipe...looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  8. ur version looks so yummy and crispy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe!!!!
    I have a one big pack of cracked wheat sitting idle for a long time ..Now I know what to do with that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect dosa with any kind of spicy chutney:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. tried it yesterday... cam e out really good. very good alternative for wheat dosa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Geetha.. It tastes better I think..

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives