"GO GREEN" - this is a slogan that is increasingly creating awareness about the reduction of use of chemicals, toxics and helping in maintaining a green home, community and world.
I recently put a bin in place for collecting recycling items at home. I came across a lot of videos, information on creating our own cleaning products for the kitchen using things that are already available like the Baking Soda, Vinegar. I din't realize that baking soda had so many cleaning properties!
- Can be used to clean silverware - In a bowl, place aluminum foil. Put the item to be cleaned. sprinkle baking soda on it and add hot water to the bowl. Wait for sometime and you'll see the tarnish being removed literally. I tried this at home and saw the results work wonderful.
- Baking soda and be used to clean vessels too. It just removes the oils stains easily.
- Can be used to clean bathrooms, sinks, kitchen countertops
- Can be placed in refrigerator to remove odor
- This is totally chemical free, fumes free and environment friendly
Vinegar: (white distilled)
- Vinegar mixed with water can be used to clean kitchen counter tops, windows, hardwood floors, etc. It acts as a effective disinfectant.
- Vinegar mixed with lemon and water kills bacteria, molds
- add 1/4 cup of vinegar to the wash cycle when washing clothes
I'm yet to try some of the pointers. Apart from these there are numerous properties for vinegar and baking soda. What is your view on going green??.. and Please let me know what you do to keep your house green. It could be a great learning experience !!