How are you all doing? I'm so excited to resume my blogging after a very long gap.
In this post I would like to write about a simple recipe - "Kosumalli". Its a side dish that goes well with idly, dosai and idiyappam.
Egg plant - 3
Potato - 1
Onion - 1/2 chopped
Tomato - 1 chopped
Tamarind paste - little
Green chilli - 2
- Cut the egg plant into 2 halves and potatoes into small cubes and pressure cook the eggplant and potatoes with water(until it just soaks everything) to 2 whistles
- After letting off the steam, mash the ingredients in the cooker
- In a separate pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add onion and tomatoes and saute well
- Add this sauted mixture to the ingredients in the cooker and add water to the required consistency and add tamarind paste and salt to this and let it boil
- When it boils, add minced coriander leaves