Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simple and quick Potato Masala



I'm not a great fan of curd rice generally. But this Potato masala is a key to unlock my taste buds to the curd rice :)... and I started to like both the masala and curd rice. If you run out of onion and tomato and have just the potatoes, this is a quick recipe!

Ingredients:
Potato (big) - 2
Oil - 1 spoon
Chilli powder - 1/2 spoon - 3/4 spoon
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Mustard seeds
Urad Dal
Salt to taste


Method:
1. Cut the Potatoes into small cubes and microwave it for one and a half minutes (this step can be skipped, I do this so it cooks quickly)
2. Heat oil in vessel, splutter mustard seeds and urad dal, add the potatoes and add turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder and saute
3. Sprinkle very little water as needed and cook until soft

20 comments:

  1. hey,i love this1...often i'll do this as it is an easy n quick recipe...pics 're nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devi, I love this curry..I make this too but bit different way..am first time here..love to join your blog..please do visit my blog too..ove to hear comments from you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Devi for visiting the blog and for that lovely comment..love to hear your comments more often..keep visiting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Nice and Simple,calls minimum ingredients from the pantry...Love to add this recipe to my culinary book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! the versatile potato yummy and always tempting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi First time here. You have a great space.

    My fav potato masala looks yummy. Glad to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fav... so easy and yummy dish...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy and yummy...I love curd rice with potato fry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please collect your award from my blog, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like simple dishes like this..can easily prepare...nice presentation devi...

    ReplyDelete
  11. simple and tasty recipe! Congratulations on your awards dear! may u get many more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply delicious and eye catching potato masala..thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple n tasty one.. As u said it pairs so well with curd rice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, nice and simple recipe. love such recipes..

    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quick , easy and simple.lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives