Monday, January 25, 2010

Re-posting for APS - Rice event - Paniyaram




I learnt this recipe from my Mother-in-law. This paniyaram is made during a function called Pillayar Nonbu among chettiars. I would like to enter it to the lovely APS - Rice event conducted by Anita (http://konasaniskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/01/announcing-my-first-event-aps-rice.html)


Ingredients:
Raw rice - 2 cups
Dark Jaggery - 1 cup
Oil

Method:
1. Soak the rice for 2 hours and spread it in a towel to dry for 1 hour
2. Blend the rice in blender finely without water and sift the flour
3. Melt the jaggery by just sprinkling the water and pour it in the flour and mix it to a consistency little thicker than chapati dough
4. Mix little water to the dough and make it to a thick liquid consistency
5. Heat the oil and ladle out the paniyaram

7 comments:

  1. Paniyaram is my favorite snack..looks so good..

    www.ruchikacooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen or tried this before.Do you cook them like dosa on griddle??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had this sweet... but I really like the look of it.
    Rachana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! paniyaram looks too good dear, i love their shapes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never had this devi...:)looks luvly..

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives