Hiiii Friends!.. I'm starting this post with a big smile that pushes me 2 years back :):) The reason is this was my very first post in my blog and I got a chance now to re-post it for the repost event hosted by Jaya and I thank her for this wonderful opportunity.
Just a few months after landing in US... Just the time I was learning to cook... This was the very first sweet I made :):)..... But, I din't know I was going to blog this when I made it.. this picture was taken to show my mom how my first sweet came out :)
Later one day, as I was thinking of something to do to keep myself occupied and interesting... my husband came up with the idea of starting a blog... and I blogged "Cocoa Burfi" :) ... Now as I see the post and comments, it takes me all the way back to my college memories :).. Kanmani and Ramya, two of my best friends have commented on the post... :)
This was my original post and now comes the same recipe newly written:
Sugar - 2 cups
Coconut - 1 1/2 cups
Cocoa Powder - 2 tablespoon
Water - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
1. Grind coconut in blender to fine powder and keep it aside
2. Heat the vessel and add the sugar and water to a thicker consistency ( to check the consistency: take water in a plate, add two drops of the liquid, if it does not dissolve, its in the required consistency)
3. Add coconut to this mixture and stir till it thickens a little
4. Add cocoa powder and ghee and continue stirring till the whole mixture thickens a little
5. Pour this mixture into a greased plate and cut into pieces
I've uploaded the old pic and the same pic - slightly edited.