Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cocoa Burfi - for the repost event :)




Hiiii Friends!.. I'm starting this post with a big smile that pushes me 2 years back :):) The reason is this was my very first post in my blog and I got a chance now to re-post it for the repost event hosted by Jaya and I thank her for this wonderful opportunity.

Just a few months after landing in US... Just the time I was learning to cook... This was the very first sweet I made :):)..... But, I din't know I was going to blog this when I made it.. this picture was taken to show my mom how my first sweet came out :)

Later one day, as I was thinking of something to do to keep myself occupied and interesting... my husband came up with the idea of starting a blog... and I blogged "Cocoa Burfi" :) ... Now as I see the post and comments, it takes me all the way back to my college memories :).. Kanmani and Ramya, two of my best friends have commented on the post... :)

This was my original post and now comes the same recipe newly written:

Ingredients:
Sugar - 2 cups
Coconut - 1 1/2 cups
Cocoa Powder - 2 tablespoon
Water - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1 tablespoon

Method:
1. Grind coconut in blender to fine powder and keep it aside
2. Heat the vessel and add the sugar and water to a thicker consistency ( to check the consistency: take water in a plate, add two drops of the liquid, if it does not dissolve, its in the required consistency)
3. Add coconut to this mixture and stir till it thickens a little
4. Add cocoa powder and ghee and continue stirring till the whole mixture thickens a little
5. Pour this mixture into a greased plate and cut into pieces

I've uploaded the old pic and the same pic - slightly edited.

29 comments:

  1. Wow!Devi Dear this looks so good..haven't tried using cocoa..will definetly do and it is great to know you have been bloggin for nearly two years now..Great going dear..Love the pic too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nithu :).. its nice to look back how it started :):).. But I started to blog actively just a couple of months back :):).. I cannot believe its been almost 2 years since my first post :):)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding cocoa to the burfi sounds very interesting and will look so posh in a party presentation too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. coconut burfis luks very cute..and thnks for reposting it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Devi for visiting and following me, you have a great blog too. Hope to stay in contact always. Added you in my blog list.

    The cocoa burfi looks yummy, keep posting....

    http:treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cocoa burfi really looks lovely and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice sweet treat Devi...bookmarked by me :)....

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks sooo delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. caco burfi sounds inetersting and delicious!!!you've posted so many recipes since uour first post, nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi , first time here..u have a cute blog..Dishes looks simple & yumm..this burfi looks mouthwatering !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very new...cocoa and coconut...will surely try...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Dear This Looks So Inviting,nice to know that it was ur first post...I felt nostalgic while going through ur post...

    May u have more n more success in this blogging world...

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks delicious and mouthatering...very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great burfi..doesn't look like it was your first attempt !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Burfi looks delish!!Love thengai burfi..Cocoa addition is new and innovative

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, yummy burfi..love cocoa in any form..

    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved reading this post! our first attempts are so precious! this burfi is so delicious n tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Devi,

    Cocoa burfi, looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two years and goind strong.. keep blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...Devi burfi looks yummy and mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank u for visting my blog.looks delicious and mouthatering...very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very perfect barfi Devi. First time here . Enjoyed my visit and will be a regular hereafter to see your lovely dishes. Happy blogging dear.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you friends for the lovely comments :):)

    ReplyDelete
  24. கோகோ பர்பி புதுசா இருக்கு.இதை செய்து பார்த்து சொல்கிறேன்.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks nice. I have tried other version of it, i think sometime I should try yours too :)

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives