Sunday, December 27, 2009

Viennese Sachertorte







I'm a fresher to baking and this is the first time I've tried to bake a cake from scratch :)
I would like to enter it to the "Cakes and Cookies" event conducted by Mahimaa (http://spicesetc.blogspot.com/2009/12/contribute-your-recipes-spices-etc.html) and Divya's "Show me your cake" (http://divya-dilse.blogspot.com/2009/12/show-me-your-salad.html)

Ingredients:
350 gms of dark chocolate(I used Hershey's special dark chocolate)
150 gms butter
150 gms icing sugar
few drops of vanilla essence
6 eggs, separated
125 gms all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Method:
1. Break the chocolate (150 gms) and melt it in a bowl placed over simmering water.
2. Beat the chocolate, butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence, and egg yolks until it combines well.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder and add it to the batter and mix well
4. Beat the egg whites and fold into the batter
5. Preheat the oven to 300 F, place the batter in the baking pan and bake for about 50-60 minutes, then take it out and allow to cool.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate placed in a bowl over simmering water and spread over cake and leave it to set for some time. The cake is ready.

9 comments:

  1. Wow.. I am a die hard fan of chocolates and this one is tempting me too much.. Looks so good. Perfect for the first try dear. Keep it going. Wish I could bake them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy yum yum....looks so soft and tempting!!...delicious cake, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice.. doesn't look like you are baking from scratch for the first time. thanks for your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank yooo all for the wonderful comments :), I did mess up the place well in the process and had a good time cleaning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an moist and creamy chocolate cake, feels like grabbing one from the screen!!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for ur lovely comments da:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum..the torte has a wonderful colour,deep dark and chocolatey.Your first attempt at baking a cake..three cheers to you:):)

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives