I'm a fresher to baking and this is the first time I've tried to bake a cake from scratch :)
I would like to enter it to the "Cakes and Cookies" event conducted by Mahimaa (http://spicesetc.blogspot.com/2009/12/contribute-your-recipes-spices-etc.html) and Divya's "Show me your cake" (http://divya-dilse.blogspot.com/2009/12/show-me-your-salad.html)
350 gms of dark chocolate(I used Hershey's special dark chocolate)
150 gms butter
150 gms icing sugar
few drops of vanilla essence
6 eggs, separated
125 gms all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Break the chocolate (150 gms) and melt it in a bowl placed over simmering water.
2. Beat the chocolate, butter, icing sugar, vanilla essence, and egg yolks until it combines well.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder and add it to the batter and mix well
4. Beat the egg whites and fold into the batter
5. Preheat the oven to 300 F, place the batter in the baking pan and bake for about 50-60 minutes, then take it out and allow to cool.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate placed in a bowl over simmering water and spread over cake and leave it to set for some time. The cake is ready.