Friday, December 18, 2009

Kuzhi Paniyaram



Kuli Paniyaram is a specialty dish of chettiars. I learnt to make this from my mom. My husband loves this dish :) My friends too:).. I love making this any time. I would like to enter this dish to the lovely event conducted by Arundhuti (http://gourmetaffair.blogspot.com/2009/12/announcing-my-first-event-served-with.html)

Ingredients:
Sona Masoori Rice - 1 cup
Idly Rice - 1 cup
Urad Dal - a little more than 1/4 cup
little fenugreek seeds

Method:
1. Soak the ingredients together for 2-3 hours
2. Blend the soaked ingredients in Blender with salt
3. Leave the dough to ferment for 6-7 hours
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil splutter mustard seeds, urad dal and coriander leaves and add it to the dough and mix (chopped onions can also be sauted along with this and added)
5. The dough is ready, spoon out the dough in the mould and leave it for 2 min and turn over and leave it for 2 min. Kuli Paniyaram is ready to eat

Chutney:
Red Chutney is the best combination to kuli paniyarams.

Ingredients:
Big Onion - 1
tomato - 1
garlic - 5 pods
red chilli - 6
gingely oil - 5 tbsp
1/4 spoon of tamarind concentrate
salt to taste

Method:
1. Heat little oil and add the Red chilli, Onion and Garlic pods and saute
2. Add the tomato and saute, add the salt and tamarind
3. Blend the sauted mixture without adding water
4. Heat gingely oil spultter mustard seeds and curry leaves and add the mixture and saute well to the required consistency. Chutney is ready to be served with Paniyaram.



1 comments:

  1. Wow!mouth watering..having been grown up in a place where we do have lot of people from chettinadu, I knew all these speciality food..although I love the food, never tried out so far and I guess, I'm in the right place now..will be trying out your chettinad dishes dear..do post more..

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives