Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kavin Arisi




This is a sweet uniquely special among chettiars. This is made of Red Rice and its very very simple to make.

My husband loves this sweet and I like it too :).. I would like to enter this for the beautiful event - "Served with Love" conducted by Arundhuti (http://gourmetaffair.blogspot.com/2009/12/announcing-my-first-event-served-with.html)


Ingredients: (Serves 5 people)
Red Rice - 3/4 cup
Sugar
Ghee
Coconut

The red rice should be soaked overnight with 3 1/2 cups water.

Method:
1. Pressure cook the rice along with the water to 1 whistle ( the rice and water will be a thick porridge like mixture)
2. To this add sugar, ghee and coconut. The levels for these depends on your taste buds. To start add 1/2 tbsp ghee, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsp coconut(shredded)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummm.. I have never had this before..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyooo Nithya!!.. I'm learning a lot... a lot of blogs have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kavuni arisi, yet another delicious recipe..Devi, you are tempting me too much..I really feel, your blog is a treasure to me..

    ReplyDelete

Expert Perspectives