Black Urad Dal - 3/4 cup
Rajma - 1/4 cup
tomato - 2
onion - 2
ginger - 1 inch
garlic - 4 pods
red chilli powder
1. soak rajma and black urad dal together in water overnight.
2. Pressure cook dal and rajma and leave it to 2 whistles.
3. do not drain the pressure cooked water. Using the whole mixture along with water will thicken the gravy.
4. Make paste of ginger, garlic and 1 onion. Chop the other onion.
5. Make paste of the tomatoes.
6. heat oil in the pan, add cinnamon stick and cloves.
7. Add the chopped onion and cook. Add the onion paste and cook till the raw smell goes away.
8. Add the tomato paste and cook it.
9. Add tumeric powder, garam masala and red chilli powder.
10. finally add the rajma and urad dal along with the water and simmer it.
11. garnish with cilantro.